Quote Board

“Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things - air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky - all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” - Cesare Pavese

04 July 2009

Moving Day!

Drum roll please......my 4,000 lbs worth of stuff arrived to Abuja!!  Safe and sound :)  The movers were scheduled to come at 10am and showed up on Nigerian time at 11am.  No problem...as long as my stuff is in good condition...and it was!  As soon as the truck opened up its back doors, I saw my name and was pleased.


Everyone around watched as they carefully unloaded my stuff...the gardeners, security guards, my American neighbors, the Nigerian children who live across the street and my lovely and helpful steward, Hope.  Here is a picture of Hope and I and one with all the movers.


And the ultimate test....my flat screen TV arrived unscathed and unharmed.  Hallelujah!!  I'm now ready for hours and hours of AFN commercials :)




2 comments:

  1. I have been missing the AFN commercials. Let me know if you hear any really useful public service announcements that you think would benefit us all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that u brought the flat screen tv. glad to see you are settling in nicely. when are you opening your doors for visitors :)

    xoxo
    aneela

    ReplyDelete