
And the way 2 distinct religions go hand in hand in one city is something to comment on further at a later date, but what stands out to me are the Christians. I'm just not used to having them around and definitely not in such a blatant way. For example, many people you meet go by the name of Mary, Joseph, Grace, Hope, Faith, Joy, Patience, Innocent, Emmanuel, Samuel, Mystery, etc. I kid you not. Jesus and God are written on the back of many cars, taxis and buses. There are all night revivals here (I've heard that they can get noise violations because they are so loud and try to top each other!) And just today I received an email address from someone entitled samuel4praise. It's just so new to me!
I went out to the British Council rooftop cafe the other day with some friends from work. Here is a picture of Jolonda and I.

And the first thing I noticed were the chairs. I'm definitely in a (partially) Christian country!





Ash - love your new blog! Can't wait to read more of your adventures -- and see more pics! Stay safe....love you, Mom :)
ReplyDeleteWow, very interesting! Love the chairs.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY 4TH!!! I'm looking forward to returning to some new posts when I get back from the beach!